welcome to my thoughts, images and impressions of the world as it comes.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday, November 20th

I should have started with colors, at least not with the weather… some of my kids are so bright, they are like sponges and soak up everything that I teach them. Others are like brick walls and nothing gets through to them. For the most part, teaching is going really well, aside from the frustratingly different levels of ability. I felt like today went particularly well at Vagliano, with a review of date and days, weather, numbers, age and name. I just clearly need to remember that these are little kids and I need to go twice as slow as I think is necessary.

We have our daily routine almost all set: greetings, which include Hello, Good Morning and Hi, the date, days of the week, numbers and what’s the weather like. We just have to finish up “how are you?” and our daily ritual will be complete. As such we can touch on a little bit of everything at the beginning of each lesson and then continue on with new material. I think from here we will do colors and family. Thank goodness I have elementary kids and not high schoolers who could care less about the weather and colors.

1 comment:

meredith said...

Julie-

I am loving your posts! You sound like you are TRULY living the life - that's so great! I can't wait to hear more stories!