welcome to my thoughts, images and impressions of the world as it comes.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A look back... interning for Obama.

Early September


I just had the most gratifying first day on the job. Today I stated interning for the Barack Obama Campaign for Change. I learned how to train volunteers, man the front desk and make persuasion call. My heart was thumping as I made the first call. It was the middle of the afternoon, I was calling seniors- likely the only ones home during the school and work day. I left lots of messages and of course got a few a few rude responses, but I have two really great conversations that made all the bad ones worth it. These two grandmothers started the conversation as undecided and by the time we had finished chatting, told me that they were leaning towards Obama. I really felt like by listening to them, and presenting my younger generation’s point of view, they could also look into the future and be hopeful.

No comments: