welcome to my thoughts, images and impressions of the world as it comes.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

summer adventures... PARIS

It felt like I was coming home when I arrived in Pairs. I was completely shocled by the quite of the streets, the lack of honking horns, and missing motos, cars and vehicles jocky-ing for position at the red lights... the beauty and civilized nature of everything was stunning.

Staying with my host parenst from Sweet Briar study abraod was a great treat, especially since they are so well located in the 5th that I could really walk everywhere I wanted to go. I wondered down Rue Mouftard on Sunday morning to see the morning market and traditional accordian players who still play, sing and dance in the square by the foutain.

The I wandered over to Notre Dame, Luxemburg Gardens and St. Michel, where I found my good friend Elodie, who has just moved to Pairs from Rabat. We splurged for a Starbucks coffee and talked about everything that has happended since April when we last were together. We walked along the river, past post card stands and old used books, chatting chattingt chatting.

We finally reached the quai, along the river, where ever Sunday afternoon there is salsa dancing. So, as Elodie is the person that introduced me to salsa, of course we danced for the next three hours: salsa, bachata, cha cha...

As the sun was setting, I walked home to a fabulous meal and good conversation with Madame and Monsieur Camus. Monday morning I was out the door early to catch my flight to Copenhagen.

No comments: