welcome to my thoughts, images and impressions of the world as it comes.

Friday, November 30, 2007

TGIF

The good, the bad and the ugly.

The good: Friday is couscous day!
My very first Moroccan friend is a girl I met in the internet cafe by our apartment. Noujood is 26, wears a veil and long skirts, and works every morning at the cyber. She invited me to eat couscous with her for lunch today, so I went to the cafe while she was working and we shared her home cooked plate of couscous. Yum.

The bad: no alcohol on Fridays.
We're leaving in a few minutes for Ceuta, one of the Spanish enclaves in the north, and we promised to bring along some beverages for the soiree this evening. However, since Friday is the day of prayer in the Muslim culture, all the alcohol sections in the supermarkets are closed. I guess we're bringing some juice for the party tonight!

The ugly: central heating is a foreign concept.
As the temperature gets colder and rainier, my nose is continually cold and my mood changes just as quickly from sunny to gray. It sure would be nice to have central heating, in the apartment, at school, at the office...

No comments: