welcome to my thoughts, images and impressions of the world as it comes.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

C'est parti...

Smeeti Julie.
Ana min meerikhan.
Shnu smeetek?
(My name is Julie.
I am from America.
What's your name?)
So I started Arabic classes!
We had a fast-paced first lesson on Tuesday night at the Center for Cross Cultural Learning in Rabat and our second class is tonight at 6:30. During class I realized that I love learning languages, I'm just not very good at it. I think something is wrong with my mouth- I can never make the right sounds. Or maybe it's my ears and I can't hear the right sounds. In any case, it's only taken me about seven years to feel comfortable with French, so we'll see how long I stick with this third language. The class consists of my roommate Aura and our French friend Josh and me. So it's like a semi-private lesson, on speed, since we all catch on pretty quickly. I can't wait till I can actually communicate with taxi drivers and the concierge and the cleaning lady. Meezien, great!

No comments: