welcome to my thoughts, images and impressions of the world as it comes.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

I got a dress!

Jane (roommate n° 1), Liza (fabulous fulbrighter friend) and I are going to the US Marine Ball this Saturday and the only dress I brought with me from the states is a blue flower sun dress, one that is probably too short to wear in Morocco anyway. So yesterday after class, I set out to Mango in order to find a dress I would be excited to wear (no small feat.) After trying on every single possibility in sight, I was resigning myself to the idea that I was not destined to be Cinderella at the ball when the sales girls told me she had one more dress that was not out on the floor yet. Skeptical, I tried it on and, to my astonishment, I loved it! Brown, with gold beads and a low slung satin ribbon belt reminiscent of the 1920s, I'm all set to be the bell of the ball... if only I could find some glass slippers.

No comments: