welcome to my thoughts, images and impressions of the world as it comes.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wednesday, December 6th

I just got my first call about giving private English lessons! And we had the whole phone conversation in French! So about two weeks ago I gave a tutoring announcement to Richard’s mom, who works in the book store across from our apartment. Apparently she gave my contact info to a girl who goes to Stanislas, which is the school across from the bookstore.

I was confused when I first answered the phone because the woman was speaking in French, and it is still difficult for me to switch back and forth between the two languages, but once I realized which language we were conversing the exchange went off without a problem. We set up a render-vous to meet and discuss the lessons tomorrow at 5pm. Now I just have to figure out how one goes about giving private English lessons. Guess I’ll find out what level this girl is at and we can go from there. I can’t wait to get started and make some more money- life in the south of France isn’t cheap!

No comments: